This recipe for Blackberry baked brie will surely be your new obsession. Made with a homemade blackberry compote and topped with sweet candy pecans and fresh thyme makes for the perfect holiday appetizer.
I could easily eat this as one serving all for myself, it’s truly magical! Served on some freshly toasted sourdough and this appetizer becomes irresistible! For entertaining purposes, I love to give the option of tasted sourdough or fig crisp crackers for dipping. I’m telling you guys, this is an appetizer your going to want to make over and over again.
Okay, so I just want to establish that this recipe is NEXT LEVEL Delicious!! Let’s move on to making it!
How to Bake Brie
Baked brie reminds me of a lava explosion. After the brie is baked the rind of the cheese holds it together but the moment it’s poked the gooey melty cheese just flows out.
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 gegrees F.
- Blackberry Compote: To a small sauce pan over medium heat add your blackberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey, cook till liquid is released form berries about 7 minutes, you can lightly start mashing the berries with a fork. Add in thyme, continue to stir till the sauce thickens about 2 more minutes. Take off heat and set aside
- Brie: While your simmering the backberry compote prepare your brie by scoring the top. Place it in a smal baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. I like to serve my brie in the baking dish, sometimes the transer can be messy.
- Add the blackberry compote to the topd the the brie, along with some blackberries, candy pecans, pomegranate seeds and fresh thyme. Serve immediently, enjoy!
What To Serve With Blackberry Baked Brie
I am a sucker for a freshly baked baguette and a warm cheese appetizer. My go-to is a baguette or sourdough. However, if you are not a huge fan of bread this also pairs great with fig crips crackers.
Love easy and delicious appetizers, also try:
- Steak and Burrata Crostini
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata with Hot Honey
- Honey Balsamic Figs and Burrata
- Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Fresh Fig and Arugula Salad
- Kay’s Favorite Marinated Tomatoes
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 14 oz baked Brie
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp Pom poms
- 1/4 cup candy pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a small pan over medium-high heat add your blackberries, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and lightly start breaking up blackberries with a fork. Add in thyme leaves and let simmer till sauce thickens about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, score the top of the Brie and bake at 10-15 minutes, or until the center of the brie is melted.
- Top with blackberry compote, blackberries, candy pecans, pomegranate seeds, and fresh thyme. Serve immediately, enjoy!
*Best served with crackers or freshly toasted baguette*
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 12g