Made with melt in your mouth crust these Ham Cheddar and Apple Puffs are perfect for snacking. Serve them with yellow mustard for a delicious lite bite, appetizer, or after-school snack!
It’s that time of year where my favorite grocery store carries puff pastry sheets again! Puff pastry is truly one of my favorite way to consume carbs, haha! It’s perfectly light, buttery with a flaky exterior, just so delicious! Fall is truly my favorite food season! Maybe it’s the holidays or the cooler weather.. likely a combo of both but I LOVE it.
I have found a recent love and obsession for apples especially incorporated into savory dishes. They add such a delicious sweet and slightly tart element to any dish. I’ve made these ham and cheddar puffs sans apples so many times for the kids and they just love them. The addition of the apple gives it such a nice fall feel.
- puff pastry, ham, cheddar, apple, egg.
How To Make Ham Cheddar & Apple Puffs
This recipe is very easy to make. Work on a lightly floured surface. Unfold puff pastry sheets and roll to flatten. Evenly spread out apple slices, then ham, and cheese leaving a 1-inch border around the sides. Brush edges with the egg wash and place the second sheet of puff pastry on top. Push on edges to adhere and trim edges if needed. Brush the entire surface with egg wash and make a few 2-inch slits for heat to escape. Lastly, sprinkle with sea salt and bake.
Recipes You Make Like:
- Easy Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Blackberry Baked Brie
- Steak and Burrata Crostini
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata with Hot Honey
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small apple, sliced I used gala
- 3/4 pounds black forest ham
- 4- 6 slices of cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- flakey salt for sprinkling
- mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly flour your working surface.
- Unfold the thawed puff party and gently roll to flatten. Do this to both sides.
- Evenly place apple slices over one sheet followed by ham and then cheddar, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the corners.
- Brush edges with egg wash then place second puff party sheet on top lightly pressing on edges to adhere. Trim edges if needed and brush the entire surface with egg wash. Make 4- 6 2 inch slits to help release heat and last sprinkle with flakey salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is puffed and golden brown in color. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into squares or triangles, enjoy!
Serve with yellow or spicy brown mustard. I left it out because my little ones like it on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g