Peach Chipotle Salsa Chicken is fresh, vibrant, and full of flavor! Chicken is coated in a delicious spice blend, grilled, then topped with peach chipotle salsa and a honey drizzle. This dish is perfect for lunch, dinner, and entertaining.
Peaches oh peaches, I can not stop buying boxes of this delicious fruit! The only issue here is they all go ripe so fast. However, I am on a peach recipe wave over here. This dish has all the flavor components that make my tastebuds sing, it’s sweet, spicy, and smokey with every bite.
I love savory dishes with fruit, I prefer savory over sweet dishes if you haven’t noticed yet, haha! The combination of sweet summer fruit like peach in a savory dish really adds a unique and most flavorful experience. Pairing it over grilled chicken is just magical! If you don’t have chicken on hand this would be wonderful over fish or shrimp.
I used chicken tenders because that is what I had on hand but any chicken cut will work. Chicken breast or thighs would be perfect for this dish.
How To Make Peach Chipotle Salsa Chicken
- Start by prepping your chicken and pat dry. Transfer to a bowl and pour seasonings over, toss and coat. Cover chicken and set aside while you make the peach chipotle salsa.
- Combine tomatoes, peaches, onion, chipotle, cilantro, and salt mix till combined. Once mixed add in avocado and mix gently to keep avocado from smashing.
- Grill your chicken tenders until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (never want to over cook=dry, or undercook=unsafe)
- Place chicken on a platter and spoon over the salsa. Lastly drizzle with honey, enjoy!!
Also, check out these recipes:
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
Peach Chipotle Salsa
- 1 and 1/2 cups peaches, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chipotle pepper, diced, from can
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted, skin removed, and diced.
- In a medium bowl place your chicken tenders, make sure you pat them dry first. Add in the garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, onion salt, and salt, toss and coat the chicken pieces. Set aside while you make the peach chipotle salsa.
- In a medium-size bowl combine the tomatoes, peaches red onion, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, cilantro, and salt. Mix till combined. Add in the avocado and gently stir making sure not to smash the avocado. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat to medium-high heat a cast iron grill pan or your grill and coat with oil. Cook Chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until done 165 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken on a platter and top with peach chipotle salsa. Drizzle honey over the top, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1288mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g