These Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers are a quick and easy recipe packed with so much delicious flavor. Shrimp marinated in garlic, herbs, and fresh lemon then threaded onto kabob stick and cooked to perfection. Serve them with your favorite dinner sides or on top of pasta.
This shrimp skewer recipe is a perfect choice for your family on those busy weeknights! It doesn’t require long marination and cooks in under 10 minutes! My kids love it with Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad, Penne Alla Vodka, or with Perfect Mashed Potatoes. Personally, my favorite way to eat it is on top of Classic Cesar Salad. But however, you choose to eat it I know you are going to love these Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers as much as my family does.
Around here in sunny Southern California summer never really goes away. We can pretty much grill year-round, and I absolutely love it!! You don’t need to grill these on your bbq though, and the cast iron grill pan works amazing too.
How Long Do I Marinate Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers
This recipe for Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers can marinate for a little at 15 minutes or as long as 3 hours. I don’t recommend marinating any longer as the shrimp soaks up the flavor rather quickly. For the marinade I recommend using fresh ingredients, they will bring out the best flavor.
Grill or Stove Top
Shrimp cooks rather fast about 2-3 minutes per side. When grilling shrimp it’s best to do it on skewers as they will fall thru the grates easily. I prefer grilling but when it’s not so nice out I also love to cook these on my favorite cast iron grill pan. The shrimp is cooked when it turns very light pink or opaque. I recommend using raw jumbo-sized shrimp.
A lot of questions I get about shrimp usually include tail or no tail? Honestly it doesn’t matter! I keep tail on for reasons of aesthetics for the food photography! When I serve it to my kids I take the tail off. When I am not shooting for a recipe I will take the extra step and remove tails. Whatever your preference is will be fine!
If you love grilling recipes also try:
- Easy Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
- Gas Grilled Pork Ribs + Paleo Rub
- Easy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Harissa Chicken Thighs
- Authentic Carne Asada ( Easy & Delicious)
Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These Garlic Herb Grilled Shrimp Skewers are a quick and easy recipe packed with so much delicious delicious flavor. Shrimp marinated in garlic, herbs, and fresh lemon then threaded onto kabob stick and cooked to perfection.
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped or sub with dry dill
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped or sub with dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add your raw shrimp to a medium-size bowl. Add in the avocado oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, parsley, dill, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss and coat the shrimp. Cover and let marinate for 15 minutes to 1 hour. Do not marinate longer as the lemon juice will start cooking the shrimp.
- Grab the skewers and thread the shrimp onto them. I like to do 3-4 shrimps a skewer
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink.
- Serve the skewers with fresh herbs and a lemon wedge. Enjoy
If you like a little kick to your shrimp add in some red pepper flakes to the marinade.