This Creamy Broccoli Orzo is sure to make you say yum! Creamy and filling with the best bits of broccoli in each bite. Serve it as a main dish or side.
I never started loving orzo till this year. I always used to pass it up in markets, but what a mistake! This tiny pasta has become my absolute favorite and the kids are crazy about it too. It’s like a big rice grain with a pasta texture.
Creamy Broccoli Orzo is so satisfying and easy to make. You will only need one pot for this recipe. You can serve it as a main dish with your favorite protein on top or as a side dish with you’re favorite main. There is no wrong way to enjoy this creamy orzo.
Is Orzo Gluten-Free?
Unfortunately, it is not. But I’ve seen gluten-free orzo in the grocery stores. Almost every brand now has a gluten-free version of about every pasta shape, especially health food stores.
How to make Creamy Broccoli Orzo
Before you start making this dish have out all the ingredients to make it easy on yourself. It cooks rather quickly.
- Start by sauting the shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and orzo cook till orzo is lightly golden. Season with salt a pepper to taste.
- Pour in broth and milk, stir till combined. Stir occisioanlly for 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the paremesan and butter, continue to stir till comibed, about 1 more minute. Serve immediatly, enjoy!
Loves easy and delicious pasta dishes, also try:
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Tomato Spinach & Sausage Pasta
- Lemon Sausage & Kale Pasta + Video
- Easy Chicken Scampi Pasta
- Spinach and Cheese Jumbo Stuffed Shells
- Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
- 1 cup milk, I used whole
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, or to taste
- Start by sauteing the shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add in the broccoli and orzo cook till orzo is lightly golden about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in broth and milk or cream, stir till combined. Keep temp at a low simmer. Stir occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the Parmesan, salt, pepper, and butter just when liquid is about to be absorbed. Continue to stir till combined, about 1 more minute. Serve immediately, enjoy!