This is a super simple and delicious summer recipe that everyone loves! Serve this fresh tomato and Burrata salad with pesto at your summer gatherings, it’s a total crowd pleaser!
This Fresh Tomato and Burrata Salad with Pesto just screams summertime! I serve it with garlic toasties and light wine for the adults. Whether you are making it gathering or just enjoying yourself, you are in for a real treat. I could eat this appetizer year-round and never get sick of it! It truly is one of my favorites!
Let’s talk Burrata, without a doubt my favorite cheese. If you have not tried it yet, your about to fall in love. It’s soft, creamy and so smooth. The flavor is mild and it pairs well with so many different recipes, especially Italian ones. it’s so fresh tasting.
Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but you will also impress everyone as it looks and tastes so fancy. If you won’t be serving it right away keep it in the refrigerator, it’s best served cold. I like to serve mine with a light sparkling wine on the side.
How to make Fresh Tomato and Burrata Salad with Pesto
Start by preparing your garlic toast.
- Slice toast and evenly lay out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees flipping halfway. Remove toasts from oven and run garlic clove on each piece.
Prepare your tomato & burrata salad
- half the cheery tomatoes and place into a small bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add in lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Let marinate for 7-10 minutes.
- to your serving plate add a small spoon full of pesto and spread it around with the back of the spoon. Place burrata on a plate.
- Add tomatoes and toasts around the cheese and drizzle with pesto. I love using my Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad pesto recipe.
- Garnish with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
Love easy and delicious summer recipes also try:
- Classic Cesar Salad
- Summer Grilled Peach & Herbed Goat Cheese Salad
- Strawberry Fields Salad
- Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread
- Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Roasted Tomato and Zucchini Noodles with Burrata
For the garlic toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large garlic clove
For the tomato Burrata salad:
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Slice your bread and drizzle with EVOO, bake for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove bread from the oven and rub with garlic clove.
- While toast is baking prepare your tomato salad. Put tomatoes in a small bowl, add in EVOO, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss and let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve spread a spoonful of pesto on your plate. Place burrata cheese on plate and spoon tomatoes around it. Add your toasts around cheese and tomatoes and drizzle with pesto, fresh basil, and toasted pine nuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g